A recent comment by the yummalicious Ozy-man and a recent browse through an e-book store has got me thinking. {{Dangerous I know.}} Apparently this is the year / decade/ whatevah of the Cougar. Older women who hook up with younger men. There were something like TEN books recently released all featuring older women with younger men. I have dated younger men... all but one though were only two or three years younger and it seemed inconsequential. One however was a gorgeous eighteen year old musican from New Orleans. I was around 26 I think so the age difference was much greater. Ohhh, he was such a pretty boy. I met him while on a week long photoshoot in New Orleans. His band played at Tippatina's. After I returned home, he would drive all the way to Atlanta to visit me on weekends. This went on for about two months before I ended the relationship. He was just so fucking YOUNG. We had nothing in common really other than our mutual appreciation for his pretty, pretty body. Intellectually he was... well, a dud.
Physically, there is more commonality between a twenty-something and an eighteen year old than there is between a twenty-something and a thirty-something. I mean come on - there's no denying that when you cross over the thirty line, women's body begin to... change. And not for the better. (Would you like a little more ASS with that?) So what would the physical appeal be for really young men to get involved in relationships with older women? Intellectually and perhaps emotionally I guess I can see where there might be attractions.But then I'm looking at this from a women's point of view, and just one women's point of view. Funny but this topic has never come up in any conversation with girlfriends... or even guy friends.
So guys, tell me - have you ever been attracted to an older woman?
And girlfriends - have you ever been involved with a younger man? I won't ask the "have you been attracted" because, well... duh.
And why is this all the rage right now?

54 comments:
Been there, done that, appreciated every moment of shared intellect and wit (not available at the time in my age group); plus the intensely tantric sex was amazing, 'nuff said.
thanks for feedback Arkay. I was wondering in one corner of my brain if older women had less inhibitions than younger in some cases, more willingness to be adventuresome. Hungrier? ~laughing at my own ponderings~
I can see where humor, intellect and experience might play a part in the allure. Those are definitely things i crave in my menz.
I am not so much attracted to women significantly older than me anymore, being as ancient as I am it would be a little on the strange side. When I was younger I was attracted to lots of women older than me. When I was thirteen I fell in love with Deborah Harry and it wasnt just her ass, it was that look of knowingness in her eyes and her smile, that leading you into someplace that only their experience could take you. Even in my thirties and forties I fell in love with some older women with that added touch of grace and wisdom and natural elegance. Emmylou Harris is gorgeous, angels are everywhere.
ooooooohhh GingaPaul! Does that mean when i get older i'll FINALLY be gifted with grace and elegance and wisedom?
Nahhhh... can't see it happening.
in your case you don't have to lust after the older women cuz you gots all the hordes of younger ones lusting after you. ~grin~
Ahh, false modesty, so attractive in such a lithe and clever creature, as a goddess you are ageless and hence permanently desirable,
A 25 yr old married woman rocked me like 2 days after my 16th b-day. I learned much more in one night/morning with her than have learned since.
I think your choice of illustration says it all.
Young pretty boy, eager to learn and willing to be the bitch in order to gain the knowledge and skill (in a MOST pleasurable process) from the elder.
I'm sure the drives aren't that dissimilar from those of very young women digging older men. The ability to take someone who has learned, seen and experienced so much -- and make him act crazy for you -- to bask in that desire. Then drinking in that person's wisdom and insight -- rocketing ahead of the other early-20-somethings who think the height of debate is over the fashion designers of the month.
I'm sure Billy Bob taught Angelina Jolie a lot. But once she figured out that she'd learned everything that the twisted old Southern artist guy with the big cock had to teach her -- she moved on.
/2 cents
Older women are way hotter. They know how to play the game.
Smiling at GingaPaul. Sweet talker. ~pouncing~
Wow Master Sage! 25 and 16? Just wow. You must've been ...ummm... mature for your age.
Good point Gaddy-love. It does tickle the edges of my mind that in today's society it is still quite acceptable that older men hook up with younger women but older women with younger men get much derision. I suppose this cougar phenomenon is breaking that down some. Maybe? I don't know enough about it to assess.
Ajeya, what game would that be, darlin? The flirt, the tease, or the anything goes game? ~grin~
Does my Bea Arthur fetish count...or is that just creepy?
I don't care what the establishment says - viva la grey pubes!!
Bea Arthur? Isn't she like dead Moogi? Yeah - that's way creepy.
~shudder~
There is not many things that equals the power and seduction of the cougar for a young man. When I was twenty-one, I fell beneath the talons of a hot married thirty year old seductress. I have never been the same since.
since i likes you just the way you are Evyl, i must suppose that was a very very good thing. ~grin~
are cougars married older women? i thought they were just women in late thirties, forties and fifties. Beyond fifty they gotta mutate to dragons, right?
First, let me say, that intellect has nothing to do with age. So that it not a factor here.
When I became available after my divorce, I did not have any trouble attracting male attention. I have no idea why women say they don't know where to go to get men to notice them. How can you get men to NOT notice you?
I dated men of a variety of ages. I started to gravitate toward younger men, because older men (or men my age ~ over forty) were just not up to the challenge of me. Take that however you want to.
But I will say, I have had a hard time keeping younger men off of my ass. And I mean that quite literally. :)
I do not chase after men. They chase after me. And young men like older women. I have no idea why. I mean I have some ideas, but they will have to share those with you. I don't think I'm the source for that information.
The "cougar" concept, I believe, refers to the older women sort of "hungering" for younger men. For fun, mainly. Just to HAVE them.
I do not think I fall into this category at all. As I said, I don't chase after men, they chase after me. I never go out for the purpose of finding men. Certainly, I stumble across them, but that is not my purpose. When I go out, it's to have a good time with the people I'm with. Not to "find" a good time. I mean really, I AM a good time. Wherever I am, I'm having one!
When I was 42, I became intimately involved with a man of 22. He was unusually intelligent and creative and passionate. He was not a great looker. The attraction was on an entirely different level. He asked me to marry him (ha!) and to have his baby (double ha!) ~ but the union was not to last.
I am presently in a long term relationship with a man who is 11 years younger than I am. I will tell you he IS a great looker! And although I love very many things about him and physical attraction is nowhere near enough to keep me for this long (3 years and going strong) the attraction I have toward him is so huge that I have to give it a great deal of note here.
So there. I don't know if this answers any of your questions.
One more thing. My sister has studied this and she says women are going for men at least ten years younger now because, statistically, men die younger than women. So it only makes sense.
(Her second marriage is to a man who is ten years her junior and he is an amazing and perfect man. At family gatherings, I say to him, "Jim, can I just sit here and worship you?" He blushes.)
thanks so much for clarifying so much and sharing your personal experiences. That does explain alot to me on a subject I admit i haven't given much indepth thought to until now. Kudos to you baby and o doubt the good time IS wherever you are. I know i always have a great time when you stop by! ~long overdue ass smack~
Yowch! Ooohh baby, that hurts so good!
I have never been involved with a younger guy. I personally like to date older. I don't see anything wrong with older women dating younger men, but it isn't for me. Actually a younger age sort of turns me off.
I think it is becoming more common because all types of relationships are becoming more accepted in society.
I've probably told you this before, but more than half the women I've ever dated in my lifetime were older than me, and at some with a difference of more than 18 years. The biggest gap I've ever had was 15 years(21 versus 36). I even joked with her about it by saying "So, when I was born, you lost your virginity?".
I can't really explain the attraction I feel for older women, but I know for sure it's not the experience, money or social status that draws me to them. All I know is that I felt like I was a true man when I'm being complimented by an older woman for a good night and even more so when she asks me to come over. I also feel honored that a woman who is decades wiser than I is able to give me her trust and confide in me, rather than being just a fuck toy. It turns me on all the more that I am being treated as an equal by someone who would normally look down on me.
To this day, I still look forward to dating older women. In fact, I somehow see myself marrying one in the future.
I have actually only ever dated old women. Not on purpose, but it always seems like I am more drawn to them. In the past they've been mostly just a few years older, but I was with one who was 7 years older & way back when I was 17 - a brief fling with a 34 year old (that blew my mind at the time!). Currently, I am getting more and more friendly with one of my neighbors who has to have 10 years on me, but she's super flirty & looks hot in those summer dresses.
i think you're right about the acceptability Naughty and it's a good thing. Idiot taboos make me loco.
You have mentioned it before IP, inspiring a fantasy where i tied you up and.... well... i'm sure you can imagine the rest without details from me. ~evil grin~
Actually with the depths of your personality, the things you think about, etc. - i can definitely see where an older woman would be a better match for you than some britney.
Huh. Wow Ratty. I would never have imagined that - about you only ever dating older women. 17 and 34? hmmmm.... maybe i need to start hanging out at the gaming stores for potential date material.
It was my first high school job I started on my 16th birthday - it was 2 guys & 10 girls. Awesome job! All the naked girls aside, I prefer women with brains, humor & well, nakedness.
i always knew you'd feel at home over here Ratty. If should you go thru the archives... just don't have a heart attack on me - kay?
~grin~
Um yeah...when I was 31, I hooked up with a 21 year old. Everything was where it was supposed to be on her! Amazing! Especially when you consider that I was with a 41 year old when I met her. Talk about a head trip.
I'm sticking with women my own age now. Lesson learned.
Oh yeah - I can imagine RLL-girl.
The self-conscious factor is one of the main things I've been rolling around in my head on this topic.
Mother Nature, she one wicked ass bitch when she gets into a menage with Father Time and Gravity.
Sometime I wish I was an A cup and not a C cup so gravity didn't have so much to work with!
Push-ups go a long, long way in fighting gravity. In fact, I highly recommend them. And I'm a D-cup! Tell all the girls you know. Do NOT neglect your breasts. ;)
Good Morning Lakota,
As my dearly loved grandmother use to say: just do the math son, 20 goes into 60 alot more times than 60 goes into 20.
BEA ARTHUR IS DEAD?!?!?!?
ROARING with laughter at Karl!!!!
You are soooo delightful.
Moogi, she's like 125 years old - she's gotta be dead.
Ha! I call it the Mrs. Robinson effect. Guys know that women reach their sexual peak much later than men so women older are supposed to be wild by that time! Ha ha. I'm actually 46 and I get passed off for low to mid 30s all the time time because I was fortunate enough not to lose my hair or have it gray much and I keep in shape and I actually get my sleep (has an effect on aging). When I got divorced about 3 years ago I was amazed at the sexual aspect of dating again. Women my age were like marathon sex goddesses that went on for hours and hours! I hadn't ever considered that I wouldn't be able to keep up; that's never been a problem and it was like sexual fantasy land come true for me but from their tales, it sounds like a big problem among my age group in that the guy couldn't keep going. They tended to flirt with the younger guys at some point in their dating escapades. Nearly every girl I dated (around 70) had a similar story of a hookup with a much younger guy. I was online dating a lot and had a couple of 31ish women ask me out. I did go out with one but ultimately I felt way out of place with somebody 15 years my junior. Beautiful bodies; yeah that's great but when they can't relate to anything about when grew up in the 70s then it doesn't work for me. Meanwhile, older women was for me simply about finding somebody that had manageable baggage and still kept themselves in shape physically. I found the more hot a woman of that age was, the less substance they had; as if everything had been handed to them through their looks. I heard stories similar about the guys that way. I did go out with women a bit older; but only a couple of years.
I've only been away a few days and I miss all this????
Now that I'm in my 40's, I can't say I have any particular attraction to older women, although both Connie and Sandra are a few years older than I am.
But when I was younger, hell yeah! It wasn't a preference or anything, but just like younger women, older women have they're own set of plusses. First, the whole forbidden MILF thing (a guy would never actually FUCK his friend's mom! He'd be crucified!)
Second, there's something nice about a woman's ass or tits softening a bit. Seriously. Again, not necessarily a preference, but it's a nice variety.
Third, older women are just plain better in bed, pure and simple. A proper blow job takes experience. Opening up and letting a man know you appreciate getting eaten is the domain of a woman who's less inhibited (younger women are often not confident enough to let go.)
I dunno, that's what I can think of right off the top of my head.
I was 16 when I lost my virginity to a 39-year old women. I was trying to get her daughter who was my age and I don't know why she decided to bed me down but it was incredible. Not a one of my friends believed me either. :)
I have never judged a woman by her calendar age again. I am always willing to go for it with any older women who are willing. It has been my experience now that while many body parts may start to sag or grow in ways the owner doe not like, that lovely, lovely vagina does not seem to age or loose its grip. So again, I am always willing.
Now as I have gotten older it has been my experience that *most* (not all by any means) women in their upper 30's and 40's get so conservative they just don't want to be "dirty" anymore. It's like sex is now somehow beneath them. It's a shame too because there are so many hot older ladies around.
70? 70! whoa. you're a slutboytoy after my own heart VE! Damn. You're taken now aren't you? ~pouting~
It's my revenge for your cliffhangers Riff-baby. "there's something nice about a woman's ass or tits softening a bit." I have never ever heard anyone say that before. Really? Can't tell you how much better that makes me feel.
I honestly had no idea at all that so many men found older women not just attractive but highly desirable.
Damn Rob. You beat out Ratty by a long shot. That's a great story about landing the mom instead of the daughter. And i think i instantly and forever adore you for the lovely vagina comment.
I think alot more women hitting middle age are becoming comfortable with sex and their own sexuality. They're shaking off the taboos set upon them by their parents' generation. From the women's groups, girlfriends and erotic authors i know - i'm hearing the same thing. Women are testing and crossing over their own boundaries into a less rigid concept of what is acceptable in sex.
Wow! Great posts and fabulous comments!
Very enlightening and ....shall we say...timely? ;-)
Oh, do tell Pissy darlin'!
Glad you like the posts! I'm thinking you'll like the new story as well. ~wink~
I'll ruin the surprise. She wants ME!!! I am younger than her & SHE WANTS ME!!!! Works perfectly since I'd hop on her in a second, were it not for the whole two time zones thing. Wait, maybe that's not her story.
Pissy IS hot.
I know. She keeps saying she wants to sit on my face, but I cannot find the time to get back east.
Then you just don't want it bad enough Ratty.
She's in the queue. I already have three bloggers line up for June. Since I work 65 hours a week, that pretty much fills up my calendar since I need time for beer & Yankees also.
you're a busy, busy boy Ratty. three bloggers lined up in June? will we get to hear how that turns out?
Nope, I cannot even believe I told you that much - combo of Sabbath cranking & beer flowing & just trying to get a reaction from Pissy. I bet she's even hotter when she gets all fired up!
Rat! You're SUCH a tease! You'd lose your shit if I showed up in California. LOL
Hey! Maybe Lakota and I should take a little vaca and visit you.
That might be interesting....
Have I gotten a reaction out of you? ;-)
You're both MORE than welcome at any time. I'd be cool as cucumber so to speak.
LOL!!!! Ratty would never survive both of us at the same time Pissy! ~giggling~
But WHAT A WAY TO GO!
Death by Pissy? ~heh~
sorry - it sounds better than death by Lakota. Resurrection by Lakota... now that has a nice ring to it.
I like the idea of you blowing (life back into) me.
Lakota....you are SO right! He'd never survive...but at least he'd die with a smile on his face. ;-)
Live fast, die hard.
Ah, but dear lakota....not all asses fall flat or enlarge at 30. I can safely say that at almost 40 years old, my rear is quite magnificent. :)
Love your blog. :)
Ratty and Pissy - y'all keep having a party back here doncha?
And a song in his heart Pissy?
Ratty-baby, honey, sweetie - that was a good one (blowing)... i can't come up with a clever comeback. damn.
Tina, girlfriend - you are woman after my own heart. mmm-hmmm. Please do come back and play anytime. ~wink~
Sorry about hijacking the post. I wanted to get a room, but Pissy is an exhibitionist so she wanted to play in public.
you can hijack anything of mine anytime you want Ratty. ~wink~
That's one of the nicest sentences I ever woke up to.
Post a Comment