Feeling a little teary and sad. For someone I never met, never chatted with. never even knew existed. A lurker who never spoke up and now never will. I stumbled on technatori tonight, ran my blog thru it and discovered a blog linked to mine, belonging to a man i'd never heard of. A Mister Winston Rand.
He died a few days ago. His wife was kind enough to post a goodbye post.
Even though he was quiet and didn't jump into our conversations, I have to assume he enjoyed his forays into Lakota Land since he put a link on his blog to it. I do hope i made him smile.
From what i hear, WINSTON RAND…HE WAS A PRETTY GOOD GUY.
Blessed Be Mr. Rand.
Lakota Phillips
Thursday, July 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Everybody enjoys foray's into Lakota land.
I've said it out loud, Winston Rand, He was a pretty good guy.
If I actually knew the guy, I'd pretend that half drank coffee cup that's been sitting there since friday was for him, and not because I'm lazy.
~kissing your forehead Mikey~
okay, also copping a feel, but only because i can.
Sorry I haven't been posting or commenting lately but works always a bitch for holidays and family problems ca be very distracting. This post has me pondering the fleeting nature of human contact on the web and how someone we never exchanged a word with can still be a part of our lives.
As to the last couple of posts,
SIGH...
:P
I hear ya Mr. Wit. I may be a few days before i post myself due to RL complications that have arisen. We'll see how it goes.
I miss you though when you're not around. ~smooch~
I miss you to dear. Have a happy holiday and tell us all about it later.
thanks sweetie - i won't have much to tell. but at least i get to see the downtown fireworks tonight.
we have the fireworks show on July 3rd every year. So our show here in Chicago was last night. lots of fireworks and only one fatal shooting. missing the peace
old man Jim
in Chicago
That was nice of you.
That's sad and sweet. Touching (No! not THAT way!) someone you never knew.
I've said, "Winston Rand, he was a pretty good guy," for you and him, Lakota.
i wonder if that's the same winston that was over at our old blog spot?....can you send me his link so i can see if it's the same one?
You are cool. I never knew Winston but his Roomie obviously loved him. Don't be sad, Lakota, I'm sure he had a good run. Care to dance?
How surreal. We just never know who is watching and enjoying us.
What a sad thing to ponder, all the anonymous people out there who never speak up but who are really fond of one's writings. We all may have secret admirers out there like Mr. Rand who are really, deeply impacted by what we present to them. Certainly makes me stop and think.
eleanor rigby in man's clothing.
if that isn't nice, what is?
yup..it was the winston i knew...we were all together at the old blogster.com
he was one of my favorites..soo sad....
Amen. Sweet of you to mention it. Brings us back to the important things... need to go there now and then. Thanks. xox Rick
Admitting that I got weepy while reading that would be a clear violation of man law and if nothing else I do want to maintain the impression that I always follow man law.
However, in a really weird turn of events it seems that a gust of wind through the open window blew crap into my eyes while I was reading that. Amazing how that can happen isn’t it? I mean the coincidence of the timing and all is truly amazing!
That was a great insight- Thanks Kota.
Post a Comment