While i'm still working on the next post about "Bouncy Parts and Dangly Bits" I thought i'd share the list i received in email this morning from a member of my writer's group.
Clever. Made me laugh. You may have seen these before but I hadn't. Number 11 made me roll around on the floor laughing as did "ignoranus."
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus : A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxication : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's, like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you
13. Glibido : Al l talk and no action.
14. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when t hey come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.) : Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at 3 AM and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The colour you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
The Washington Post has ALSO published the winning submissions to its yearly contest in which readers supplied alternate meanings for common words.
1. Coffee , n. The person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted , adj. Appalled by discovering how much weight one has gained.
3. Abdicate , v. To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade , v. To attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly , adj. Impotent.
6. Negligent , adj. Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a nightgown.
7. Lymph , v. To walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle , n. Olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence , n. Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash , n. A rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle , n. A humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude , n. The formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
13. Pokemon , n. A Rastafarian proctologist.
14. Oyster , n. A person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
15. Frisbeetarianism , n. The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent , n. An opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.
Friday, June 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
While walking through a park, having an intense philosophical discussion about sociological dynamics with one of the physicists I work with, I walked right through a six-foot high orb weaver web, and just as I did, I saw the spider heading for the roof -- it was the size of a mouse, with spider legs.
I had an arachnoleptic fit.
The physicist had 30 years as a scoutmaster in the Boy Scouts ... he was unimpressed LOL
LOL - I needed a Friday giggle!
i've worked with a few people who claimed to be members of mensa.
it made me associate mensa membership with winning free dance lessons.
Very clever! Serena (she's No 2 on my blog roll) does these every day; she calls them 'words gone wild'. Oh, and if you are interested, I got bullied into posting an actual picture of me. I think I disappointed everyone that I wasn't that big fat naked blogger I posted awhile back...
That's funny AND gay at the same time!
Bozone! Gods, that's BRILLIANT!
Thanks for the hysterics!
lol
haaaaaaaaaaa
hope you weekend is naughty sexy girl!
hehee
3 & 9
then 3 & 4
heehee
Good Evening and Welcome Back Lakota,
Funny read, believers in # 14 are far too common in my world.
Enjoy your weekend!
These are great! I like reintarnation and bozone the best. In case you were wondering.
hahahaha, brilliant, i love words and these were the funniest i've read for a long long time, magicked away the last of my hangover, fantastic, thankyou Lakota, perfect cure, laughter and smiling, thankyou,
i married #2...
did you get the package yet?
#10 and then #5 in the second part.
The Frisbee one was a George Carlin bit on one of his HBO specials years ago.
Had a small moth fly up my nose at work last night. Either it left when it saw the mess in there or it is laying eggs in my brain.
I wonder if they would make me smarter?
Probably just make me go into the light.
"3. Pokemon , n. A Rastafarian proctologist."
This one made me fall off my chair.
Funny funny stuff. But now on to what's really important:
Is "Bouncy Parts and Dangly Bits" going to include spank worthy photo's? Inquiring minds want to know. (please say yes, Please...PLEASE?)
Awesome, these are very clever. Will try to use them in my daily conversation.
I've always taken "cashier" to be an adjective to describe someone who handles more cash than you. The people at the banks, of course, are the cashiest people.
Veri veri clever! Love all of them!
My imbecilenet keeps going out dammit! Luckily i saved the following longass comment in word:
Sorry for delay in responding - i've been out playing in real life.
Why can i so easily see you screaming like a girl Gaddy-love? Don't worry honey, i'll protect you from the big bad spiders. ~smirking~
Glad to oblige Quickie darlin.
I've met a few people who've said they qualified for Mensa, Cabana Boy. They usually mention it routinely. I've only met a few people who I KNOW qualify who've never or rarely brought the topic up. They're the really smart ones.
Wow VE-hotty! I can't imagine having to come up with one a day. And purring over your photo, Mr. Hottness.
Mikey. ~smacking you upside the back of the head~ What is it with so many of the men i know using "gay" as an insult the past week. My hand is getting sore from wacking people.
Thanks Nitey-babes. ~muwah~
I did Massa Sage, I did. ~wicked grin~
Glad you liked it Raspy. I've been missing you. I know i haven't had much time to hop around like normal. Work sucks and then i decided to actually play during my free time. O.o
Good to see Karl dearest! I'm glad it made your smile.
Reintarnation is clever Riffy and i'm ALWAYS rivetted by what you like and want. ALWAYS. :P
Anytime GingaPaul. See, i'm more than just an ass. ~heh~ I'm a smart ass too. oh wait, you knew that.
I was out of the office Friday and all weekend JackieSue so i'll check when i get in bright and freaking early tomorrow morning. ~squeee~ Goodies for me!!!!!!!!
Moth nose? ewwwwwwww, Mr. Wit!!!!
Ewww ewww ewww ewww ick!
IP honey!!! Missed you baby! Glad i could errrr... make you fall outa your chair? ~wink~
Arkay babe, you are such a photo slut i swear. and yes, maybe, i don't you - you tell me? ~grin~
Josh, you crack me up!!!!! ~still snickering~
I need a butt squeeze Cat, come closer and bend over please? I'll make it a two hand grope if you don't mind. ~giggling~
That is sooo funny, and witty.
Post a Comment