Tuesday, June 3

WTF? Ooooh - that Annoys me.

Vatican will excommunicate female priests
Explicit decree punishes women, bishops who ordain them

"The church said it cannot change the rules banning women from the priesthood because Christ chose only men as his apostles. Church law states that only a baptized male can be made a priest." Story HERE.

Shit like this makes me crazy. And the catholic church wonders why it's having PR problems? I will never understand how an organization can exist in a completely sexist closet in this day and age.
The only way that it can continue is that its members accept those dictates. Are they so brow beaten or just don't give a fuck that they don't protest a very clear statement that says the catholic church deems women as less worthy spiritually than men. All fucked up - that's what this is. Makes me glad I'm not one of them there christians.

On a brighter note - yes, today is my birthday. Thanks for outing me Enigma darlin. And no - don't ask my age... i'm old enough NOW that the question makes me cry. ~grin~

Hmmmm - this sound like anyone you know:
The driving force behind a Gemini's conversation is their mind. The Gemini-born are intellectually inclined, forever probing people and places in search of information. The more information a Gemini collects, the better. Sharing that information later on with those they love is also a lot of fun, for Geminis are supremely interested in developing their relationships. Dalliances with these folks are always enjoyable, since Geminis are bright, quick-witted and the proverbial life of the party. Even though their intellectual minds can rationalize forever and a day, Geminis also have a surplus of imagination waiting to be tapped. Can a Gemini be boring? Never!

Since Geminis are a mix of the yin and the yang, they are represented perfectly by the Twins. The Gemini-born can easily see both sides of an issue, a wonderfully practical quality. Less practical is the fact that you're not sure which Twin will show up half the time. (the evil one or the good one?) Geminis may not know who's showing up either, which can prompt others to consider them fickle and restless.

They can be wishy-washy, too, changing their mood on a simple whim. It's this characteristic which readily suggests the Mutable Quality assigned to this Sign. Mutable folks are flexible and go with the flow. Further, the Twins are adaptable and dexterous and can tackle many things at once. It's a good thing, too, when you consider their myriad interests. The downside of such a curious mind, however, can be a lack of follow-through. How much can any one person do, anyway? (Alot I tell you - ALOT!)

46 comments:

Moooooog35 said...

Happy Birthday!

I splurged and got you this comment.

Enjoy!

You're welcome.

Whitenoise said...

Hey, HB Kal!

About the church- we all know that organized religion is a charade.

Anonymous said...

HHHHHAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY
BBBBBIIIIIRRRRTTTTHHDAAYY!!!!!!
Tackle...... roll roll, woohoo, you are proof that women can connect us to the divine, silly old pope, you are divine, you are Lakota, goddess, hhaapppyyy birtthhhhhddaaa..........

L.P. said...

Awww Moogi... i'm so touched i feel all teary... it's just... so... sniffle... thoughtful. ~blowing you a kiss~
i said a KISS!

Hiyya Cap'n! Thanks and yes, it seems that anytime a group of "like-minded" peeps gather together and slap a stamp of "we speak holy truth" on it - it all goes to hell. ~heh~ sorry. but come on - that's funny.

Thanks GingaPaul for my birthday tackle... can i have a big smacking kiss too? ~pursing lips and waiting~

and waiting....



and waiting....
~giggling~

Karl said...

Happy Birthday Lakota!

The question shouldn't make you cry. So much of age and beauty are in ones state of mind; projecting poise, confidence and wisdom (all of which I sense in you) are traits that make a person timeless. so wear your age like a badge of honor, celebrate it.

I hope you have a great day!

yellowdoggranny said...

happy birthday...
my daugher is a gemini..when she was a kid when i woke her up in the morning i would ask her..'ok, who are you today, the princess, the cowgirl, a devil, a angel?..'
there used to be an old tv show called queen for a day..i'd like to be pope for a day...oh man, would heads roll, and laws be changed...
what happened to kali?

L.P. said...

Ah, thank you Karl, you are a wonderful man with a gifted silver tongue and a wonderful depth of perception. Yup, I'm a sucker for flattery. ~wink~

Grinning! I can relate to your daughter JackieSue - there are days even I don't know who I'll be once I crawl from bed. You saw the Kali explanation below - different face, same old me.

Ouch... there's that old word again. ~whimper~

I know how awkward name switching is so you can keep with Kali or go with 'Kota - whichever makes you mo' comfortable. I answer to hey Bitch too. :P

Rat In A Cage said...

Geminis - ahhh!!! I lived with one for years. The first year I had the "let's have sex anywhere & everywhere" & party & have fun twin. The next few years I had the "nag, nag, nag & no sex twin." I still am not sure how I didn't kill the second one.

As for the church, the real reason they do not want to ordain women at this point is that they are trying to lure young children into the fold. They know that kids don't like copy cats. Since the female teachers already have the molest teenage boys thing cornered, the church wants to stay "old school" and "hard core" & just let their male priests continue to ravage young boys. Any attempt to have female priests starting to molest young buys would just seem like they were trying to be all hip hoppy & copy catting. If they got a 30 year old Pope, maybe they would decide to get with the times, and realize women have just as much rights as men do to molest teenage boys.

L.P. said...

Equal opportunity perversion... makes sense in a twisted, warped way Ratty. Must be why i lurvs you.

L.P. said...

~sigh~
i'm so disappointed Gaddy-love... no offer of birfday spankings?
~bottom lips trembling~

and yeah - i'll second the fucktards comment.

Anonymous said...

If I don't know how many licks to give you when will I know when to stop?

Happy Birthday!

L.P. said...

who sez i want you to stop? ~waggling eyebrows at Massa Sage~

BBC said...

I think it would be nice if someone blew the Vatican and Catholics off the face of the map.

Happy Birthday.

Raspootin said...

I’m still wondering why Ahmadinejad wants to meet with the Pope. Could be he wants to share his secrets of keeping women out of Religion & Politics while still maintaining a firm religious hold based on the indoctrination that if one does not follow the religious precepts of whatever respective religion that one is going to experience something very unpleasant at death or re-birth?

Riff Dog said...

Happy birthday, Lakota. Do I get to spank you once for each year? I'm most looking forward to the kisses to make it better.

cathouse teri said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetcakes!

*Big Smooch*

Anonymous said...

Of course they don't want women in the priesthood.

That would mean instead of the current established hierarchy of male priests being able to molest children, those little altar boys may be given to playing with the women instead, and damnit, that's a threat to the food chain!

Personally, I don't give a shit who they have giving the sermon or offering communion, least of all if its a man or woman. Frankly, doesn't matter if it's a hermaphrodite--I'm still not showing up, and I still won't listen.

Anonymous said...

Damnit, I submitted before being able to finish. Heh, I'm always quick to finish early.....

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Ooh I don't know, a big smacking kiss? There might be trouble. How about a tiny polite one? I shall have to keep my eyes closed too otherwise I might fall into yours and never be seen again. 'x'

L.P. said...

thanks BBC, and you even left my body parts intact. Happy day indeed.

Raspy, i wish i could recall the details of the news article a while back about the British parliment looking at adopting certain islamic dictates... do a smell a... gender conspiracy? "what the hell is wrong with all these women daring to bare their ankles and leaving the kitchen? Can't they just accept that they are nevah gonna get past that apple thing? Sinful, women are born sinful."

Riff honey, if you're doing the spanking and then kissing it better after i am soooo adding 20-30 years to my age. ~lusty sigh~
i STILL haven't recovered from your post.

Thanks Cat! Bend over for a sec and let me share my birfday swats.

LOL! What a GREAT gift Brian!!! I haven't heard the song in a bazillion years! I'm gonna have to post it over at the Diaries site. Thanks babe - lean over here so i can kiss you.

So very very true Rev. The principle of it though irks me. Like waving a red flag in front of my eyes. Thanks for the HB wishes, i'm still waiting for you to fondle... i mean spank my ass. :D

Oh GingaPaul, you know me better than THAT. I don't DO polite pecks. uh-uh. Just brace yourself sweetie - here comes trouble with Sinful Red lipstick.

Anonymous said...

Excommunicate, sexcommunicate...pillars of virtue (*choke*) conveniently forgetting the Magdalen as wife disciple and EQUAL of Jesus (hence Peter's great bitterness).

Ah, who needs a priesthood when you are all Goddesses!

and a Very Happy Birthday to a neighbour sign! (i be a Taurus)

L.P. said...

"pillars of virtue" ~heh~
Clever Arkay. And thanks! ~smooches~

Anonymous said...

OH NO! - Sinead o'Connor will be excommunicated now - bummer! - OK not to stir the pot - but what about a gal who gets a sex op and becomes a dude - can he/she become a priest? - Call yer parish priest and get back to me pls

Woozie said...

Well I need to know how old you are so I can administer the appropriate number of birthday uterus punches.

Creepy said...

Don't you know the Bible says that women were meant to be quiet and just make babies:

1 Timothy
2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Astonishing people actually follow this shit in the 21st century.

Happy birthday!

Brian said...

*Leaning in,
come down join me at the beach for sunset beers and a smooch! Later on I'll take you back to my hammock.... ;-)

Sinéad wasn't ordained in the Catholic Church (obviously) it was the Independant Catholic church.

Lá-breithe mhaith agat Lakota.
Have another song.

The church messes things up big time when they took away a Priests right to be married in the 9th Century. The men, being human were of course incapable of holding to their vows. So when they messed up, it was the church they turned to, to solve their problems. Being so reliant on them to keep their secrets not to mention their jobs made them ready foot soldiers to do the bidding and spread the gospels. Good and Bad. It's taken a whole millennium for people to wise up to it. IF the church is unwilling to change particularly on its attitudes to sex and marriage, it will largely die off in the first world and then the third.

Mike said...

Happy Birthday!

Also,

Any church you decide to head up is something this atheist will sign up for,

And,

Worship the ground you walk on.

billy pilgrim said...

happy fecking birthday.

i would have guessed scorpio but then again the odds were 12 to 1 against me.

Rat In A Cage said...

That profile pic is giving me all sorts of perverted ideas.

cathouse teri said...

Now there's a pretty picture! The pair of our asses lined up for spankings! Well my birthday is next month, I think I can handle the fun of getting mine early. ;)

Rat In A Cage said...

Hubba hubba!

Just so happens I'm available that day (no matter which day it is!)

pure evyl said...

Happy Birthday, Darlin'. And I don't know how we got on the same wavelength and posted christianity posts on the same day.

Rat In A Cage said...

The Lord acts in mysterious ways!

Enigma said...

Happy Birthday ,My favourite girl

Anonymous said...

Check your ass in the mirror. You received birthday slaps to your posterior while you slept. The welts should spell HAPPY BIRTHDAY, with the space between the words being signified by....well, you can probably figure it out...

Nit Wit said...

Happy Birthday to you.
You are trapped in a zoo.
With Leo and Nitwit and even Jackiesue!


Hmmm twins...
Never did twins. I thought I did once but it turned out to be a hyperactive nymphomaniac and me being drunk and seeing double.

I can’t wait for the little green men to come back and explain to all these religions nuts that it has all been a genetics experiment and that the voice of God in Eden and all the other places he showed up was just them showing off their killer sound system. Then they went off for 2000 years of R&R as outlined in their contract.
Now they have come back to continue the experiment.
Maybe it will be time for some mazes now.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, what a great party, what a wild crew, turn up the music, a big red smackeroo, woohoo, waiter more champagne!

L.P. said...

I'll have to borrow someone else's parish priest Quickie - all the churches 'round here are too busy making hex signs to keep me at bay to answer questions. Remind me someday to tell you the story about the entire congregation that spend months praying for my evil soul. ~eyeroll~

Woozie, i've told you and told you that IS NOT the way to get the girls. Countdown to your birthday: 3 months 25 days.

Thnx Creepalicious - hope everything is going bettah for you. Big hugs and kisses from me.

Brian, oh honey - that is the way to spend a birthday!
And i don't think alot of people have wised up - look at the christian fundamentalists and then there's those freaking weird fanatic groups that go around gay bashing. idiots and hypocrites.

Mikey, i like the sound of that. As long as you make your way up from the ground and trail that tongue up my body.
'Course any "church" i head up would be a free for all with lots of ritualistic sex, and no dogma and no buildings and no dictates on truths and... well, you get the idea...

Thank you my darling Cabana Boy. Wiggling my feet at you long time.

LOL! I'm soooooo glad you like it Ratty. So what kind of perverted ideas?

Mmmmmm - Cat baby, there's a recipe for driving men wild. We can assembly line this.... ~plotting~

First in line Ratty?

I lurv being on your wavelength Evyl-delish. It's such a wonderful wicked one.

Thank you E-sis. You're my favorite girl too. But then you knew that. I simply adore you.

Ooooh Rev! You let your naughty side out to play! ~purrrring~
Would it be greedy to demand more?

You are a man of many talents Mr. Wit. And i love poems written to me. I'll hang anywhere with you three. Anywhere. If we get put in a maze can i run with you?

~wiggling my ass at GingaPaul~
I lose all my inhibitions with champagne baby... you sure you want to give me more? ~tackling you for a kiss... and not a polite one neither~

Iron Pugilist said...

I thought you were a Scorpio.

Happy Birthday! I owe you a present.

L.P. said...

obviously i need to look up Scorpio traits! Thanks IP-sweets. You owe me nothing - you've already given me soooo much with your friendship. Truth.
~jumping you from behind and kissing your neck~

Anonymous said...

Oh happy happy birthday, Lakota, sorry I'm so late......here have some dayafter champagne and strawberries.......

Anonymous said...

Oh I just realised, you share a birthday with my grandfather.....mmm, that gives me lots of insight....sense of humour, big heart, generous, clever, I think you're a bit less conservative than him though.... :)

Anonymous said...

roarrrrrrrrrrrr..............

Ed & Jeanne said...

Happy birthday to you
You're naughty its true
You look like a hottie
And I'll bet you ___ like one too.

You fill in the appropriate blank; its your BDay!

Jill said...

Happy birthday, Lakota! Where is the party? I expected a party from you! Or a gang bang!
Even if I'm catholic, I do hate the present pope, and I always said that a lot of bad thing were done in name of religion!

L.P. said...

a gang bang? HAAAA!!! Good one Jilly-girl. ~smirking~