I've never seen an episode of Sex in the City, so of course i totally blanked on the big, huge deal about it releasing as a movie. Until I read Moogi's movie review. Which was funny as shite.
Then i saw this today and had another fit of giggles. It's kind of nice when you're culturally detached, yet can still laugh at the pop iconic humor. Humor through osmosis. Yeah.


19 comments:
That review was absolutely hilarious! Thanks for the link. :)
I watched that show once back when it was on HBO. I had a MAJOR teen age thing about Sarah Jessica Parker too. (Anyone remember “Square Pegs”? She was the hot but geeky girl- Oh be still my heart (and other body parts). So I had to tune in to check her out. Anyway, once I figured out they only talked about sex on that show I never watched it again. :)
That's two...count 'em, two...posts with me in it in a row.
I'm starting to get a narcissism complex.
Actually...that's been well under way for years.
Nerdyredneck Rob:
"she was the hot but geeky girl"
Dude. You need to get an appointment with your optometrist.
While you're there, book one for Matthew Broderick. Get him some detox while you're at it..that guy HAS to be baked to bang that thing.
Antarctica is hotter than she is.
Hell...I'M hotter than she is and I'm a five-foot tall hairy-chested guy.
No. You can't have pics.
Blah, Sex in the City. Not enough sex.
There's also a two or three second glimpse at some showering guy's huge penis in that movie FYI.
A big penis Woozie? And to think I might have missed it as I was not even remotely interested in seeing the movie.
Maybe I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD so I can pause, FF / rewind etc. That way I can make sure that I don't miss all the good bits, wonderful acting and amazing story line.
Yes, Moog. Good one!
A friend and I went to see the Zohan movie and I KNOW people thought we were there to see SATC because we were in high heels! Well, we always wear high heels, dammit! And we always look sexy! And we are NOT going to see that movie! Ever!
(Although, my daughter might make me. She's the one who made me watch any and all episodes of the show I've seen. But I'd rather take my daughter to see Mama Mia! And since daugher lives in L.A., the chances of us getting together before SATC moves on to video are slim.)
i could just never get past the fact that they were a bunch of sluts that spent too much money on clothes and shoes...
@moogie
"Antarctica is hotter than she is"
I agree with you. Still, I said *was* and you said *is*. She has not just aged- as seen in my first comment here in Lakota country age does not bother me at all. Her face just face keeps growing and getting longer and more angular. I am sure some day it will come out she has some kind of growth related disease or something.
@Yellowdog Granny- Hey! You say sluts like that’s a bad thing or something! I will have you know that sluts are my only hope for happiness in this sad little life so I for one will not just stand idly by and allow you to bad mouth them! :)
I agree on the "not enough sex"
Mostly talk and not enough nookie.
i remember larry sanders having the hots for sarah something parker.
I'm going to see SATC tomorrow night with a lady friend. Heavy on the friend as that is what I just learned is all she's interested in. If I knew that I would have pushed for Iron Man, I was only looking to score Brownie points! Arse!
Never watched that show. It had 4 pretentious ladies who as near as I could tell spent most of their time telling each other all about their relationships and it takes place it the big city which I really hate and can only take in small doses.
Now I gotta go read Moooooog's post and see what's so funny.
I learned what I think I know about SITC because of the constant adds on HBO and later TBS. I got so sick of them.
glad you enjoyed it Pissy-love. Moog does movie reviews like nobody's business.
Rob will you hold it against me that i really don't even know which one of them is Sarah whatshername? All talk and no action, what's the fun in THAT?
Sigh. I knew this would go to your head Moogi. Really, it's purely accidental. I swear. I have absolutely no desire to give you a big head. ~snickering~
i'm still waiting on the promised ass shots.
Define huge Woozala... and why what 2 hours for 2 seconds when ya can go on redtube and see as many penises as you want for as long as you want? People are weird.
Raspy, you crack me the hell up. A little sarcasm there with the peni love? LOL!!!
ABBA Cat? Eeeek! ~covering eyes and shuddering~
Errr... JackieSue... that description sounds like me.
Rob, I think it's sweet that you have a man-crush on her.
And thanks for coming and standing in my corner. Us snarky sluts need our knights in tarnished armor by golly. ~smooches for you baby...with lots of tongue~
Gaddy, i take it you're a SITC addict? BTW - excellent writing in your current post - can't wait until you get to the hot sex scenes. ~wink~
Cabana Boy, who is larry sanders?
Woozala honey, I lurvs you. Always looking out for my viewing pleasure. ~smooch~ errr... that's not another fucking rickroll is it?
Brian, you're going to see a chickflick and not score? I like that about you. Really.
The funny thing about shows like that Mr. Wit is that you can pretty much gleen all you need to about them from the trailers. why bother watching the whole thing? Hope you enjoy Moogi's review.
Wooz - that was **why watch for 2 hours** - meh. typos. coffee. need. now.
I was once forced to sit through an episode of these selfobsessed uppermiddle white Americazzzzzz, sorry where were we, oh yes, Lakota, you are the most beautiful, sexy, smart, wondrous warm soft human creature of all, yayayayayayay
One of my exes was an avid "SATC" fan. She said it was really profound and offered a lot of truth about relationships.
Thinking back on the few episodes I was forced to watch back then, I'm starting to understand why we didn't work out.
That show has about as much depth as a kiddie pool that's been sprayed with bullets in a drive-by.
I wouldn't mind it's lack of depth if it was actually amusing, but since I have to deal with whiny women friends complaining about their guys not treating them well or a dose of the menstrual cramps kicking in waaaay hard, well, it's almost like someone found ANOTHER batch of gnats to let loose on my goddamned ears.
Whew, I feel better...
mmmm.... GingaPaul... i like your tastes in women, because, well, quite frankly your tastes include me. :P Speaking of tastes... ~lick~
yum. GingaTao for breakfast.
Rev., as much as i tease and flirt and can giggle about snarky stuff, i abhor gossipy shit - it makes my stomach churn when people have nothing better to do then henhouse about others. I've lost more than one RL friend/aquaintence from refusing to play those type of verbal assinine games. I'm an alien in a strange world sometimes.
Real men don't watch Sex in the City...they're too busy HAVING sex in the city.
Same goes for real women VE! ~giggling~
oh wait... i'm not getting any lately... okay, scratch that. Real women could if they wanted to. Yup.
Post a Comment